Top 10 Quotes from Bon Temps and beyond
Next week, you’ll surely find me curled up with a good book **fingers crossed. May 7th marks the release of Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris, the last of the Southern Vampire series (aka Sookie Stackhouse novels).
In eager anticipation, I’ve put together my very own list of Top 10 Quotes from Bon Temps and beyond. Enjoy and if you have one to add, don’t hesitate to post it in a comment.
10. “That’s what you all keep saying, but it doesn’t seem to get me any happier.” –Sookie after Bill told her he loved her, Dead Reckoning
9. “You’re my favorite breather.” –Pam to Sookie, Dead in the Family
8. “I don’t like having feelings.” – -Eric, Club Dead
7. “Puppy dog eyes. From a six-foot-five ancient Viking vampire.” –Sookie, Dead to the World
6. “Anyone got X-ray vision?…Where is Superman when you need him?” –Sookie, All Together Dead
5. “For awhile I taped soap operas and watched them at night when I thought I might be forgetting what it was like to be human. After a while I stopped, because from the examples I saw on those shows, forgetting humanity was a good thing.” –Bill, Dead After Dark
4. “I realized that I was really tired of people popping on and off of my property like it was a train station on the supernatural railroad.” –Sookie, Dead and Gone
3. “I wondered if I could get a witch to cast a truth spell on Debbie Pelt, whom I despised because she had been cruel to Alcide, insulted me grievously, burned a hole in my favorite wrap and–oh–tried to kill me by proxy. Also, she had stupid hair.” –Sookie, Dead to the World
2. “You were so sweet when you didn’t know who you were.” — Sookie to Eric, Dead as a Doornail
1. “You’ve reached Fantasia, where the undead live again every night…For bar hours, press one. To make a party reservation, press two. To talk to a live person or a dead vampire, press three. Or, if you were intending to leave a humorous prank message on our answering machine, know this: we will find you.” –answering machine at Fangtasia, Living Dead in Dallas