After a week of whining to friends and family, I finally convinced someone to go with me to see Breaking Dawn. In honor of the victory, I’m posting My Top 10 Favorite Love Triangles (YA Book Edition). It was really hard to narrow them down, so if you have any additions, post a Comment.
10. Erin, Jason, Zach in the Songs of Magic series by J.L. Bryan
Jason is so completely lovable. There are hints that Erin may not be as perfect as he thinks she is. Her boyfriend, regional male model Zach, cracks me up with his “important” gigs like for Uncle Otto’s Authentic German Pizza.
9. Jack, Peter, Alice in the My Blood Approves series by Amanda Hocking
Is love about the body or soul? Alice meets Jack. She starts falling for his sense of humor and kindness. Then she meets Jack’s brother, for whom she’s feels an overwhelming physical bond.
8. Jolie, Sinjin, Rand in the Jolie Wilkins series by H.P. Mallory
Vamp or Wizard? Rand and Sinjin are equally hot, equally powerful, and equally mysterious. Jolie’s no slouch either.
7. Stefan, Damon, Elena in the Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
When attraction threatens to pull apart brothers, drama ensues.
6. Edward, Jacob, Bella in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
I know what you’re thinking. You whined to see the movie then you placed them all the way down the list at six? Really? Yes, really. While I love the movies, I wasn’t exactly gaga over the books which I read before I saw the movies. And this list is based on the books…hence the six. In its favor, I think there is something very insightful about the idea that the perfect person for you may not be your soul mate.
5. Mercy, Adam, Samuel in the Mercedes Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
It’s a choice between the past and present…a second chance or moving on. She’s chosen, but I can’t help but think that nothing is permanent. Forget Mercy, I’m in love with Samuel.
4. Claire, Shane, Myrnin in the Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine
Okay, so you caught me. This isn’t exactly a love triangle…yet. The hints are all there and it seems inevitable. Do you love me for my mind or body? Does it make a difference if one suitor is wicked deadly and mad as a hatter? When it all hits the fan it will be amazing.
3. Katniss, Peeta, Gayle in the Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
He may need alot of saving, but I always routed for Peeta and you can’t convince me otherwise.
2. Sookie, Eric, Bill in the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris
It’ll be allright, Sookie. I’m torn between them too. Two powerful vamps who need a partial fairy to bring out the human in them.
1. Keira, Colby, William in the Midnight Guardian series by yours truly
It’s my list, so did you expect otherwise? I love writing for these characters. If love is a fire, is it better started by a spark or embers? Do opposites attract?