The YA Indie Carnival topic of the week is Graduation/Last Day of School. Keira and her friends are still over a year away from graduation, but I’ve been working on the scene since the very beginning. Where do I get the inspiration? I’m so glad you asked. Here’s my personal Top 10 Most Memorable Graduation Scenes (TV & Movie).
9. She’s All That – Freddie Prinze, Jr. and a soccer ball, need I say more?
8. Billy Madison – On the list for sheer magnitude of graduation scenes, he graduated a grade every two weeks!
7. High School Musical 3 – I’ll admit it. I watched it and I loved it…maybe even shed a tear.
6. 90210 (original) – My high school boyfriend (who’s now my hubby) was totally addicted to the show and made me watch. I remember snuggling up to watch this episode which aired days before my own college graduation.
5. Eclipse – I absolutely loved Jessica’s speech. “Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love…a lot. Major Continue reading